Coinbase is a popular broker for those looking to buy Bitcoin but there are many Coinbase alternatives. We found 10 crypto brokers that are similar to Coinbase.
Maybe you do not like the interface and looking for a Coinbase alternative. Perhaps you find features lacking. Whatever the reason, not everyone is a fan of Coinbase. If you fall into this category, here are some excellent options to consider.
Coinbase is a great option for beginners but it’s limited to the amount of coins you can trade. Our favorite is Binance which you can learn more about below.
Some of these links below are sponsored but they are not added on this site unless they are reputable and trusted.
Uphold is a cloud-based platform. Since its launch in 2015, it has been used by more than 6 million people in over 188 countries. Users have the ability to buy, store, send, receive, and convert different assets. As one of the most trusted and respected cryptocurrency wallets, users prefer it hands down over others they have tried.
Opening your wallet account on Uphold: This platform is relatively easy to set up and get going. Once users have installed the wallet, you need to open it and provide your email address. There are two types of accounts to choose from – business or individual.
Some personal details are required, such as date of birth, full legal name, state of residence, and username, among others. Confirmations will be sent to both your email account and your mobile phone. If security is a concern, it is recommended that you set up two-factor authentication.
- Adding, receiving, and sending through your Uphold wallet is very user-friendly. Every step is laid out so that it is logical and easy to find.
- To make users fees even more secure, Uphold is monitored 24/7 by a security monitoring team.
- Conversions, deposits, and withdrawals incur fees. The amount of the fees is based on the type of transaction, the limit, and the method.
- Uphold is regulated by FinCEN, overseen by the United States Treasury Department.
- Transactions show as pending until they are confirmed by the blockchain network.
Uphold supports 12 cryptocurrencies, 23 Fiat currencies, and 4 precious metals.
Launched in 2015, Gemini is one of the most respected trading platforms available today. Gemini also has the distinction of being the first cryptocurrency exchange to be completely regulated.
- Gemini gives users the ability to store assets in either a cold storage system or an insured hot wallet.
- Gemini is one of the safest exchanges for customers based in the US because they have such high levels of regulatory commitment.
- Both their verification and signup processes are simple and straightforward. Phone number and email verification begin the process, and then users are walked through two-factor authentication. After adding a bank account, the ID verification begins. They require a passport and proof of address documents. However, the verification process moves quickly.
- Fees on Gemini are straightforward on withdrawals or deposits. Trading fees vary among users, based mostly on the trading volume they have done within the last thirty days, but they begin at 0.25%.
- Customers from Canada, the United Kingdom, South Korea, Hong Kong, Puerto Rico, the United States, and Singapore can use Gemini.
- It also has a practice trading section.
Gemini is excellent for beginners because their platform is extremely user friendly. It also has many advanced features available.
Bitit launched in 2015 and is headquartered in Pari, France. They are known for their extreme transparency, a value which many users praise. It is considered to be one of the safest exchanges on the web.
- There are many features available on the platform. They allow users to automatically buy with the recurring order feature. They are integrated with Trezor and Ledger. Charts allow users to historically track cryptocurrency prices. They partner with Google’s Authenticator app for two-factor authentication and setting it up takes mere seconds.
- Additional security is provided by EV SSL, meaning that data entered on the site is encrypted.
- Verification requires a birthdate, address, a driver’s license or passport, and a phone number. You must also take a selfie that shows the word Bitit, and the current date. Verification time is between 3-24 hours.
- Fees for buys are very low – depending on the method used for purchasing, they range between 0.25% and 8.75%.
- Signup requires filling out a registration form.
- 50 cryptocurrencies are supported on Bitit.
- Languages on the site are either French or English
Users in every country, apart from any listed on Sanction lists from the US Office of Foreign Assets Control, the European Union, the United Nations, and the UK Treasury.
New to the cryptocurrency exchange game, Binance launched in 2017. Within a short amount of time, they have managed to become the largest exchange in the world by volume.
- Their platform is not as user-friendly as some others, but it has so many features that make up for it. Among these are low fees, high liquidity, and a huge number of markets.
- The fees are wonderful. They begin at only 0.1% but are further reduced to 0.05% if you use their own crypto coin, BNB.
- No one seems to know exactly how many types of currencies are traded on Binance, but everyone agrees that it is staggering.
- Their mobile app is top-notch.
- Set up and verification is relatively easy.
Binance has 2FA, but there is no confirmation of other impressive security measures.
See our full Binance Review
Operating since 2015, Changelly’s primary objective was to be an alternative to traditional platforms with the aim of making selling and buying of cryptocurrency accessible for retail investors.
- Fees are competitive. All trades have a fee of 0.5%. The exception to the low fee rule is when purchasing with a credit card. There is no set fee rate because Indacoin uses a double conversion rate.
- Changelly supports roughly 95% of the world’s countries.
- Access to more than 140 coin currencies is offered.
- The platform is very secure because no coins are stored on site. They also use 2FA and literally force users to create a highly strengthened password.
Their interface is beyond simple. All it takes to buy, or sell is a few quick clicks. They are known to have the easiest to use interface throughout the whole industry.
Abra is an all-in-one platform and wallet. You can also use it to transfer money. Launched in the United States in 2016, Abra is headquartered in California.
- When discussing fees, they vary greatly depending on the method for deposits and withdrawals. Nothing is charged for currency exchange.
- There are more than 50 fiat currencies.
- Approximately 95 cryptocurrencies are available in the US, while there are roughly 200 for international users.
- Set up and verification are both simple and fast.
- Fees vary across the board depending on the method used.
- Transaction times vary between 1-5 days.
- Problems have been reported by users who tried to add their bank account and found access to the platform was blocked.
- Abra is available in approximately 54 countries.
As for security, the app is not open-sourced, there has been nothing published on their technical specs, and it operates as a non-custodial wallet. Other security standards are not public information.
Launched in 2007, eToro is a fintech startup located in Israel. What makes this platform different from others is it does not have a parent bank, no annual reports are disclosed, and they do not list on the stock exchange. However, eToro is still regarded as one of the safest options for cryptocurrency trading.
- eToro offers desktop, mobile, and web platforms.
- Opening an account is done on a completely digital basis. The entire process is seamless and quick.
- The fees charged by eToro are considered to be low, but they are all over the map. Interestingly, real stock trading is offered with no fees.
- Accounts are in USD only.
- You can access 17 stock exchanges
- 18 cryptocurrencies are traded but access is limited to very few countries.
- eToro is regulated by the FCA in the UK, ASIC in Australia, and CySEC in Cyprus.
Their platform is well designed and completely user friendly. They also offer social trading.
Offering a variety of fiat to Bitcoin pairs, Kraken is a leading European based exchange. They boast decent volume numbers and offer several popular crypto to crypto pairs. Based out of California, Kraken launched in 2011.
- Security features are very high on Kraken. Besides two-factor authentication, they also have PGP/GPG encryption.
- They have four verification levels. The process gets slightly stricter each level you go up.
- Fees have been reduced to a portion of what they previously were. There are flat fees for different country/currency combinations, and cryptocurrency withdrawal fees are based on the type of coins and minimum amounts. Trading fees are applied to the taker and the maker and they vary based on the trading type and volume.
- More than 180 countries can use the platform.
- 14 coins are traded.
Their software is highly rated, and it is used by both beginners and experienced traders. Kraken itself has never been hacked. However, there have been user accounts without two-factor authentication. For overall security, 2FA, PGP, and GSL are offered.
See our Kraken review
As one of the oldest exchanges, CEX offers crypto trading in more than 80 coins. Launched in 2013, they have more than 3 million users globally.
- CEX was the world’s first provider of cloud mining.
- They also offered the first fiat to cryptocurrency transaction.
- Fees are reasonable and are reduced with volume. They do charge fees for the use of credit and debit cards.
- Security measures include PCI DSS certified platform, cold storage of crypto funds, encrypted data, 2FA, they follow policies and procedures of KYC and AML.
- 99% of all countries are supported.
- They have never been hacked.
- Customer support is available 24/7 by email, phone, and live chat.
Creating an account takes less than a minute. Verification requires answering a few personal questions and uploading supporting documents.
Coinmama was launched in 2013. It is headquartered in Israel but registered in Slovakia. It is offered in 24 states and about 90% of countries.
- Creating an account takes less than a minute. Some personal questions and government-issued ID is required for verification, which usually only takes a few hours.
- Coinmama is not a wallet.
- Fees are considered to be on the high end, and between payment method charges and transaction fees, some they anticipate around 10% in fees per transaction.
- Coinmama has extremely high purchase limits, which is convenient for traders who do high volume on a regular basis.
- 10 cryptocurrencies and 6 fiat currencies are offered.
- As added security, Coinmama encrypts all documents and personal details and does not store debit or credit card numbers on the servers or the site.
See our Coinmama review
Try out several of these options. Then you can knowledgeably decide on one or more that meet all your requirements. New exchanges are cropping up consistently, so it may be worth your time to keep an eye open for the newest offerings as well.
Millionaire Bitcoin trader shares important lessons to help you secure your future as a successful crypto trader.
Download these highly important free videos every beginner Bitcoin and crypto trader must watch. We want to make sure you don’t fall prey to the many crypto trading scams that plague the space and this is the best education to ensure you start on the right path.