A Review of Crypto.com – All You Need To Know
Today we are doing a full on Crypto.com, a crypto exchange that is gaining popularity quickly. If you are looking to for a low-fee exchange that allows you to stake your coins, earn bonuses, and access your balance with a debit card then Crypto.com might be a crypto exchange to consider. Crypto.com has done a remarkable job of boosting the adoption of cryptocurrencies in the real world. They also just announced a 20 year partnership with the Los Angeles sports arena, formerly known as Staples Center.
Despite their usefulness, Crypto.com remains unknown to people outside the cryptocurrency sphere. This review will touch everything about Crypto.com, who they are, the services they offer, their debit cards, and other crucial information to help you make a decision on which exchange is best for you.
Crypto.com is a cryptocurrency entity owned by Monaco, a company dedicated to bridging the gap between the crypto and banking worlds. Crypto.com is a trading, investment, and wallet app with a wide range of products that promote the real-world adoption of cryptocurrencies on a global scale.
Crypto.com offers a full suite of services for the users. The company offers a Crypto.com App, Exchange, Visa Card, DeFi swap, DeFi Wallet, DeFi Earn, Crypto.com Price, staking, crypto lending, and many other services.
The main difference between them and many crypto exchanges is their low costs and generous reward systems for customers.
Receive $10 bonus when you sign up!
- Spend your crypto anywhere major payment cards are accepted
- Earn interest on your stored crypto
- Cash back rewards for everyday shopping
- Benefits and rebates for when you use Spotify, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Expedia and more.
- High ATM withdrawal limits available
- Price of CRO token is not stable and vulnerable to price adjustments
- The best value cards have high monthly fees
- Ongoing CRO stake is required for decent rewards
- Card is not designed for everyone. Only the true crypto enthusiast might appreciate this.
Users can buy or sell cryptocurrencies, securely store their digital assets, and make everyday purchases with Crypto.com. Crypto.com is more than just an exchange. Keep reading below to see all the features you get when you join Crypto.com.
Crypto.com has a crypto exchange where you can trade up to 150 various digital currency pairs and you can fund your account with 20 fiat currencies using their mobile app. Almost 40 of those coins are not available in the U.S. And a further 35 are not available in every state. As a crypto exchange, the market operates 24/7 and comes with several trading tools to make it easier for people to use.
There are three different tiers of trading based on verification and eligibility requirements but most people will be satisfied with the standard tier. The VIP program offers additional incentives for a monthly charge.
Here are some of the perks for VIP:
- Reduced maker and taker fees
- Early access to new products and features
- Complimentary Crypto.com Visa Card
- 50% commission on trading fees collected from your referrals
- Exclusive research reports
- Your own dedicated VIP account manager and API tech engineer
- OTC Block Trades
CRO is the cryptocurrency of the crypto.com chain, the crypto.com blockchain. The token serves as a cross-asset intermediary currency settlement token. It is used to settle transaction fees on the crypto.com network.
The cryptocurrency platform Crypto.com uses the CRO utility token as its core building block, and it is also used to maintain the ecosystem’s consensus and security. The CRO token is meant to be utilized as a reward mechanism by giving out bonuses to people who use different
Furthermore, network nodes are rewarded with this token for their efforts in maintaining the blockchain. Customers that pay for goods and services directly with the CRO token get lower transaction fees.
Users may purchase and store more than 150 cryptocurrencies on this platform along with over 20 fiat currencies, as well as access, manage, and spend their funds with the Crypto.com Visa Card at any time.
There are more advanced features inside the app we will cover in more detail below like staking, lending, and DeFi.
Payments: Provides a method for consumers to pay in cryptocurrency and enables merchants to take crypto as a payment option (both online and offline) with immediate settlement and no fees.
Earn: Stake eight different stable coins and 25 crypto assets for different terms to earn rewards up to 12% APY. The more CRO you hold the more you can earn.
Credit: Receive an instant loan by providing CRO or other approved crypto assets as collateral. The credit will be sent directly to your cryptocurrency wallet, and you can pay back whenever you wish.
Trading: Buy, sell, and transact your favorite digital assets using the secure trading featured inside the Crypto.com app.
DeFi: Access and control your funds using the DeFi wallet, non-custodial solution with out submitting a KYC.
Perhaps, the most attractive feature of Crypto.com is the Visa debit card they issue to users. The debit cards are loaded with cryptocurrencies but can be used to pay for goods and services on thousands of stores globally.
You can earn up to 10% CRO in cash back every time you pay people or merchants with crypto or shop with global brands.
The Crypto.com Visa Card gives users the ability to transact with no fees at over 50 million merchant locations globally. Users are able to employ instant top-up and payment finalization, make purchases at interbank exchange rates with no extra charge, and benefit from accumulating cash back rewards as well as special-access perks (such as airport lounge access and reimbursement of Airbnb charges) each time they use their card.
Goods news, the cards are now available to US residents. Let’s take a look at the various debit cards available to users.
Obsidian: This is one of the best cards available on Crypto.com. It has a 5% back on all spend in CRO rewards. You can use the card on platforms like Netflix, Spotify, Amazon Prime, and more and get 100% back. For Expedia, it is only 10%. It also has Private Jet Partnership, Airport Lounge Access with an extra guest, and no ATM withdrawal fees up to $1,000 and 2% afterward. CRO coins staked on this card is 50,000. The interbank exchange rate here is unlimited each month.
Frosted Rose Gold and Icy White: These two cards have similar features. The minimum CRO coins staked here are 5,000. There is a 4% back on all spend in CRO rewards. Similar to the Obsidian card, you can use these cards on sites such as Netflix, Spotify, Amazon Prime, and a few others and get 100% back. Also, you only get 10% back for Expedia. You can earn bonus interest with these cards, but there is no Private Jet Partnership. However, you get to enjoy the Airport Lounge Access with an extra guest. Also, there are no ATM withdrawal fees up to $1,000 and 2% afterward. Interbank exchange rate monthly limit on these cards is $20,000 and 0.5% after that.
Royal Indigo and Jade Green: The minimum CRO staked for these two cards is 500 coins. They have a 3% back on app spend in CRO rewards while they get to use the cards on only Spotify and Netflix and get 100% CRO rewards. Users get to enjoy the Airport Lounge Access, and no ATM withdrawal fees up to $800, with 2% charges afterward. For these cards, the interbank exchange rate monthly limit is $10,000 and 0.5% after that.
Ruby Steel: The Ruby Steel card has a minimum stake of 50 CRO tokens and 2% back CRO rewards on all card spending. The 100% CRO rewards here applies to only Spotify. The free ATM withdrawal applies only up to $400, with 2% charges afterward. For Ruby Steel, the interbank exchange rate monthly limit is $4,000 and 0.5% later.
Midnight Blue: You don’t need to stake any CRO coins before you have access to this card. It has a 1% back CRO rewards on all card spending. The free ATM withdrawal for Midnight Blue card applies only up to $200, with 2% charges afterward. Meanwhile, the interbank exchange rate monthly limit is $2,000 and 0.5% thereafter.
- 2.99% to 3.99% debit or credit card processing fee their mobile app, depending on your region. This is charged each time you buy crypto with a credit or debit card. However, Crypto.com is now offering new users 30 days of zero fee trading.
- 0.10% to 0.16% taker fee per order, depending on your past 30-day trading volume. This is the fee charged for orders that are filled immediately. It could be reduced to zero if you staking CRO, please refer to their fees table.
- 0.04% to 0.10% maker fee, depending on your past 30-day trading volume. This is a fee placed on buy or sell orders that are not fulfilled immediately (e.g.- because you placed a limit order).
- Wallet withdrawal fees, depending on the coin you seek to withdraw.
- 0.015% to 0.04% taker fee on derivatives.
- 0% to 0.025% maker fee on derivatives.
- Visa card withdrawal fees, depending on which tier card you have.
- Network fees for transactions made with the DeFi Wallet. These fees are paid to blockchain miners, not crypto.com.
One of the more interesting aspects about crypto.com is that there are several user incentives to encourage increased trading. The fee structure, for example, is tiered depending on the number of times you trade:
- 2% deposit bonus on any crypto deposits (paid in the form of CRO, Crypto.com’s own coin).
- 20% to 100% rebate on trading fees and margin rates when you stake or pay those fees with CRO.
- Up to 10% per annum interest, paid daily, when you stake CRO for 180 days.
- Daily interest earned for holding crypto in your exchange account. They refer to this as “soft staking.” The difference between this and regular staking is that there is no lock. You just maintain a balance in your account and earn daily interest for doing so.
- 50% discount on coins during Syndicate events when you meet certain participation requirements.
Is Crypto.com safe?
Users’ accounts are very safe at Crypto.com, as shown by the site’s security measures. Most of crypto.com’s cryptocurrencies are kept in cold storage and fiat currencies on the platform are stored in regulated financial institutions that will insure and protect your assets.
Crypto.com utilizes multi-factor authentication to access your account for additional security. This includes password protection, email or phone verification, and biometrics, as well as software peer-review and updating to include the most up-to-date security enhancements.
Crypto.com is one of the leading platforms striving to bring the cryptocurrency space closer to the world. Their wide range of products and services makes it easier for people to use cryptocurrencies in the real world.