Looking to add Avalanche (AVAX) to MetaMask? This guide will explain how to do just that.
MetaMask can be installed as a browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Brave. MetaMask can also be used on Android and iOS devices by downloading the MetaMask mobile app.
Adding Avalanche to MetaMask
Once you have MetaMask set up, you will need to acquire some AVAX. You can do this by purchasing AVAX on an exchange or from another person. Once you have AVAX, you can add it to your MetaMask wallet by following these steps:
1) Click on the MetaMask icon in your browser, select network drop down, click”Add Network” and choose “Custom RPC”
2) On this page you will enter the following network details.
- Network Name: Avalanche Network
- New RPC URL: https://api.avax.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
- ChainID: 43114
- Symbol: AVAX
- Explorer: https://snowtrace.io/
3) Next you click “Save” and your MetaMask will now be connected to the AVAX network.
Sending AVAX tokens to MetaMask
Once you are fully connected, you can send your AVAX tokens directly to your wallet.
We need to create an Avalanche wallet that we could use as a bridge between Binance and Metamask.
Go here to setup your Avalanche wallet: https://wallet.avax.network/
1) You first need to create your Avalanche wallet address by entering your MetaMask public address.
2) Next, you will need to click on the “Receive” tab in MetaMask and copy the text that is displayed in the “Address”.
3) You then paste this text into the Avalanche wallet’s field labeled as “Enter Wallet Address”.
4) Click on “Get Transaction Key” and make sure to save your transaction key somewhere safe. This will enable you to send AVAX tokens from MetaMask to your Avalanche wallet.
5) Once your transaction key has been generated, you can now start sending AVAX tokens from MetaMask directly to your Avalanche wallet. Simply go to MetaMask, choose a recipient for your AVAX tokens, enter how many
Important tip: There are 3 blockchains on the Avalanche network:
the Exchange Chain (X-Chain), the Contract Chain (C-Chain), and the Platform Chain (P-Chain).
Only the C-Chain is compatible with MetaMask, so you can only send AVAX to your MetaMask wallet using the C-Chain. Be cautious! If you pick the incorrect chain, you might lose your funds.
And that’s it! You should now see AVAX listed under your MetaMask tokens. You can now use MetaMask to send and receive AVAX. Thanks for reading and good luck!
Start buying crypto in 3 simple steps
Buy, sell, and trade over 200+ cryptos with zero fees