Looking to add the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) to your MetaMask wallet? In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps of connecting your BSC wallet to MetaMask and using it to manage your BSC tokens.
What you will need to add BSC to your MetaMask wallet:
- Binance Smart Chain wallet address
- MetaMask account
1) Download the MetaMask extension for your preferred browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
2) Create a new MetaMask account or log into an existing one
3) Click on the “Settings” tab (three dots in the upper-right corner of the MetaMask window)
4) Select “Networks” from the drop-down menu
5) Click “Add Network” at the bottom of the Networks page
6) Enter the following information into the “New Network” fields:
Network Name: Binance Smart Chain
New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org
Chain ID: 56
Block explorer: https://bscscan.com
7) Click the “Save” button to connect your MetaMask account to the Binance Smart Chain network
8) When prompted, enter your Binance Smart Chain wallet address and click “Connect Account” to begin syncing your wallet
9) Once your BSC wallet has finished syncing, you can start using it to send and receive tokens on the Binance Smart Chain network. Happy trading!
Tip: You’ll need a MetaMask account. To create an account, simply head to metamask.io and click “Get Chrome Extension” in the top right corner of the page. This will open a new tab where you can download and install the extension for your browser.
What is MetaMask?
MetaMask is a digital wallet that allows you to store, send, and receive cryptocurrency. It also allows you to connect to decentralized applications (dApps) built on Ethereum’s network. MetaMask is available as a browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Brave.
Creating a MetaMask account
Once you have the extension installed, click the “Create Account” button. You will be prompted to create a strong password for your new account. Make sure to choose a password that you will remember!
After you have entered and confirmed your password, MetaMask will generate a seed phrase for you. This seed phrase is a string of 12 words that can be used to recover your account if you forget your password. Make sure
Once you’ve installed and launched the MetaMask extension, select “Add a new network” from the drop-down menu in the upper left corner of your screen. From here, you can choose to connect your BSC wallet to MetaMask.
Setting up the Binance Smart Chain on MetaMask
Next, you’ll need to enter the information for your Binance Smart Chain wallet. This includes a valid public key and an optional name for the network.
To get your public key, simply log in to your Binance account and navigate to:
Funds > Balances > Asset Balances
Here you should see a list of your active tokens. Select the token that you want to add to MetaMask, and then click on “View Address” next to its name. Your public key will be displayed at the top of this page.
Once you’ve entered all relevant information into MetaMask, click “Add Network” at the bottom of the screen to complete the process.
You can now use your MetaMask account to manage your Binance Smart Chain tokens!
Start buying crypto in 3 simple steps
Buy, sell, and trade over 200+ cryptos with zero fees